A Arnodt skrev:
If You go down to the next lower floor(probably the cellar) how does it look in the ceiling? The tube sticks out there?
Is ist a tube(hollow) or a rod(solid)?
There is no cellar in the house. It is ground floor

tommib
R Rebie skrev:
My husband says is aluminium rod
And what do you say?

Aluminium would be strange indeed. Mild steel would be more likely. Can you test with a magnet?

I agree with avh67f, it looks very much like galvanized steel wire, 50 sq mm, that is used for bonding metal objects for grounding.

• Gilla
Dilato
  • Laddar…
tommib tommib skrev:
And what do you say?

Aluminium would be strange indeed. Mild steel would be more likely. Can you test with a magnet?

I agree with avh67f, it looks very much like galvanized steel wire, 50 sq mm, that is used for bonding metal objects for grounding.
Perhaps zinc!? No idea exactly but is not magnetic. Would you cut? I would not even if it could be cut. But my husband wants to cut it

If you have a multimeter you can measure in ohms between nearest electrical earth and this rod.

Perhaps you could also ask the previous owner of the house?

If it's for bonding, like a foundation earth electrode or something it's some money involved so could be worth investigating .

Redigerat:
Det är nr 15 som syns på fotot, eventuellt ska den anslutas till inkommande Jord/PEN
Diagram över potentialutjämning av armeringsjärn i betong, med etiketten "15" som pekar på en anslutning till potentialutjämningsskena.
Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
Skapa konto
Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder

• Gilla
andreaskiesler
  • Laddar…
A avh67f skrev:
If you have a multimeter you can measure in ohms between nearest electrical earth and this rod.

Perhaps you could also ask the previous owner of the house?

If it's for bonding, like a foundation earth electrode or something it's some money involved so could be worth investigating .
Previous owner did not know about it as it was in a room (central vacuum cleaner)hided on a plastic case

Produkter som diskuteras i tråden
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.