Kane skrev:
You need to install a cable w/Perilex connector in the stove with 4 wire; 2 phases, neutral and ground. Double check that the neutral wire meets the neutral in the socket.
You mean that the outlet itself does not need to be changed, just the plug (from the stove) which needs to be configured correctly?

Sorry for asking obvious question, I'm new and stupid and electricity is no place for misunderstanding :)

vimvq1987 skrev:
You mean that the outlet itself does not need to be changed, just the plug (from the stove) which needs to be configured correctly?
Since you have an outlet fully configured with 3 phases, neutral and ground it's ready to use if the fuses are 16A.
You need now to make sure that the connection cable from the stove is (or will be) right configured.

• Gilla
vimvq1987
  • Laddar…
Yes, the Perilex outlet should (by regulation) always be "full connected". It should be fed by 3 phases, neutral and ground.

The only reason that this is an issue in many houses is for histrical reasons. Older houses had the stove connected fixed to a connection box. The stoves by then wjere always 400V devices, neutral was not needed. Then a perlex connector has been retrofitted, maybe 30 years ago, stoves then came with perilex connector, but still did not need any neutral.

In new installations (new houses) one can trust that the neutral is there, just as you would trust that there is a working fuse that protects the wiring. Both presumptions may be wrong, but in so rare cases that the risk can be ignored. But in houses built in 1970 or earlier it is a common problem, also in some houses from the 80s.

• Gilla
vimvq1987
  • Laddar…
By the way, I think it said in an earlier note in this thread that the "yellow" in the picture is ground, it is yellow and green (I hope).

• Gilla
vimvq1987
  • Laddar…
It is. I checked the high resolution of the picture I took and it's green in the other side :).
It seems to me that the outlet was done by a professional then it should be properly configured :D (I hope)

BirgitS
vimvq1987 skrev:
I contacted them and here's their response:

"This product is at 7100 W.
This means that it has a built in power limiter and you can't use the oven and full power on all cooking zones at the same time. You should ask them how they have constructed the limits, is it one zone that can't be used when the oven is on, only half the effect on some zones etc.

Got the answer from them:

You can use the oven and the hob at the same time, the limit is in the hob, you only have 4600 W total effect in the hob.
Which means, that if you are using many plates at the same time, the power in the hob will move around. It will transfer the power around all the plates you are using.

tommib
Since you have three phases available I would not be looking at stoves that only utilize two of them, but that is a personal opinion. Maybe you have a good reason for wanting this one specifically?

• Gilla
vimvq1987
  • Laddar…
I think it's a nice hob - I trust Siemens induction and we are having some nice discount with it. (8600kr including home delivery)
We don't use oven that much - probably once a week, sometimes even less, and my wife hardly use 3 cooking zones at same time, mostly 2, and usually not at max power.

Still we are open to suggestions - if you have some other models in mind, please let us know, as long as it's not more than 10000kr. Thank you :)

That one is actual a lower end model, and it's no longer sold. The closest model I can find is http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=3340783 (Yes it's Bosch but Bosch and Siemens appliances share many things)

The reason I choose the 7100W model was because it's mid-end model (iQ500/Series 6), so I expect the quality to be better. But perhaps that's not the case?

Just out of curiosity, to connect 2 phase hob/oven to my Perilex outlet, is this a correct way:

Elektrisk ledning ansluten till en Perilex-uttag, synlig kabelanslutning, fråga om korrekt installation.
Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
Skapa konto
Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder

Eluttagets insida med färgkodade kablar, skruvkontakter och isolatorer, installation eller reparation.
Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
Skapa konto
Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder

Of course this not mine :). But from my very limited knowledge it seems ... logical. Is it?

BirgitS
vimvq1987 skrev:
That one is actual a lower end model, and it's no longer sold. The closest model I can find is [länk] (Yes it's Bosch but Bosch and Siemens appliances share many things)

The reason I choose the 7100W model was because it's mid-end model (iQ500/Series 6), so I expect the quality to be better. But perhaps that's not the case?
That depends on what you mean with quality, the mean time to failure is probably the same but you usually get more features in mid-end models. In this case the ecoClean, pizza setting and automatic fast heating for the oven etc. according to their descriptions.

In my experience, higher end products are generally (not always, but usually) with better design and components than lower end ones - in the end they are usually nicer to use, and sometimes last longer. Of course that's not always true and might not be the case for the hob/oven :)

Still, my question is are those pictures above correct to make it 2 phases?

Yes, the perilex plug is correctly connected from what I can see, all wires in the right place except for L3 which shall be left empty.

However, I think you should look for another stove, from another manufacturer... I can see that you got the typical nonsense replies from the support. They don't understand what you are talking about and does not seem familiar with the electrical system in Sweden.

It sounds like one of the two phases goes to the oven and the other one to the hob. That is the limit of 4.6 kW they mention probably applies when the hob is fed with a 20 A fuse as there would be no reason to limit the power to 2 x 10 A, unless it is a stupid stove.. You got 16 A for each phase meaning that you can only utilise 3.6 kW. That is HALF of what an ordinary stove offers....

• Gilla
vimvq1987
  • Laddar…
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.