Hi everyone,
I hope it is ok to be writing in English.
My wife and I are looking into buying a house in Sweden, and she found a chain that she is very hooked on moving into (the whole year).
But I am a bit skeptical. It is a relatively new cabin, but I am afraid there is insufficient insulation. The owner writes this:

"Timmerstommen är 5 X 7 tum, innerväggarna är isolerade med 95mm sedan gips och fjällpanel.Väggarna till sovrummen är gips och 70mm isolering. Golvet i badrummet är reglat 30 cm är väl en regel när det är klinkers. Väggarna är dubbelgips. "

Is this enough insulation for a house in Varmland, or will I regret it when the energy bill arrives?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

T
Hi, most people here are able to understand English so I'm sure it is OK. Some problems can arise when it comes to technical terms and technical terms but we'll make do.

Is the house listed by a real estate agent? If so I think they are compelled to have an energy declaration that states the use of energy on a yearly basis.

Looking at what they write the exterior walls are made from 5 inch (125mm) wood and then there is another 95 mm of insulation before plaster board and wooden panel (which I assume is on the inside) and as wood is a rather good insulator this should be OK for an older house even if it may not reach the standard for new houses.

The type of heating will also make a difference whether the energy bill will be manageable or astronomical. If the only heating is electrical radiators it will be more expensive than if there is a heat pump of any kind.

What also makes a difference is where in Värmland the cabin is, it is a large area with different conditions.

• Gilla
Dilato
  • Laddar…
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.