Hi!

Anyone knows what is the purpose of this metal pole we found sticking out of the wall!?

Is placed in a closet room where there was a central vaccuum which we have removed and a hanging rag. Was covered by a plastic case which we thought was containing cables, but we got this surprise.

Can be cut!? Or better hide it one again?

• En böjd metallstång som sticker ut från golvet längs en vit vägg i en garderob. Golvlister och väggdelar syns också i bilden.
    Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
    Skapa konto
    Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder
Is the closet in Sweden, in an onefamily house that you own yourself or in an apartment?
Is it in an rental apartment or in a by yourself owned apartment(called bostadsrättslägenhet in Sweden)?

Redigerat:
Could this be some kind of ground connection to prevent static electricity from generating in the stationary vacuum cleaner?

• Gilla
Dilato och 1 till
  • Laddar…
Please show a close-up of the end of it. Is it a massive rod or a pipe? Copper or steel? Try with a magnet.

It's hard to see on the photo, is it a solid rod which was cut with bolt cutter or a squashed pipe? In a latter case I wouldn't dare to cut it, but if it's just a rod, then I don't see why not.

Looks like a 50mm2 steel conductor. A typical choice for protective bonding of foundation among other things

It's probably connected to the main earthing terminal. Have you located the main earthing terminal?

Redigerat:
A Arnodt skrev:
Is the closet in Sweden, in an onefamily house that you own yourself or in an apartment?
Is it in an rental apartment or in a by yourself owned apartment(called bostadsrättslägenhet in Sweden)?
Own house, ans it is located into ground floor

T Thomas_Blekinge skrev:
Please show a close-up of the end of it. Is it a massive rod or a pipe? Copper or steel? Try with a magnet.
Aluminium rod

andreaskiesler andreaskiesler skrev:
It's hard to see on the photo, is it a solid rod which was cut with bolt cutter or a squashed pipe? In a latter case I wouldn't dare to cut it, but if it's just a rod, then I don't see why not.
My husband says is aluminium rod

A avh67f skrev:
Looks like a 50mm2 steel conductor. A typical choice for protective bonding of foundation among other things

It's probably connected to the main earthing terminal. Have you located the main earthing terminal?
It is outside the house. Can the rod be cut!?

As it is it serves no purpose. I do not think it is a grounding or earthing device since aluminium would be a strange choice of material.
Have you located the other end of the rod?
I would just cut it flush with the floor.

• Gilla
Bästerortarn
  • Laddar…
R Rebie skrev:
My husband says is aluminium rod
Then I'd cut it, because it serves no purpose here. If it is going deeper into the soil and it was local earthing, it's not connected anywhere at the moment. I mean, of course it could have also been an antenna disguised as a useless aluminum rob, installed by the shady government to radiate citizens, but... I guess maybe not.

• Haha
Dilato
  • Laddar…
andreaskiesler andreaskiesler skrev:
Then I'd cut it, because it serves no purpose here. If it is going deeper into the soil and it was local earthing, it's not connected anywhere at the moment. I mean, of course it could have also been an antenna disguised as a useless aluminum rob, installed by the shady government to radiate citizens, but... I guess maybe not.
😅 i thought about that possibility . Thanks a lot for all the replies

R Rebie skrev:
Aluminium rod

• Elkabel som går in i hål borrat i en trävägglist belägen ovanpå ett trägolv. Omkring hålet syns rester av gips eller byggdamm samt en bit plastrem.
    Skapa konto
  • En mörk kabel går ner från en mörkgrön vägg mot ett trägolv.
    Skapa konto
  • Ett metallverktyg sticker upp från ett borrhål i ett trägolv bredvid en blå vägg med trälist.
    Skapa konto
If You go down to the next lower floor(probably the cellar) how does it look in the ceiling? The tube sticks out there?
Is ist a tube(hollow) or a rod(solid)?

Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.