I ended up buying the CMR-101 dimmer instead. It was placed at the plug connected to the Live and Neutral.

That was the problem with the other dimmer. It required a Neutral, but there was only Live. At least that's the way it looked like it was installed in one of the videos.

Now that they are installed, it's pretty awesome. I have one for my closet that has a magnetic switch, so it turns on the light when I open the door. I have a motion sensor near the front door so that it automatically turns on the light when I enter or approach (and it turns off after 1 minute). I have a dimmer in the living room and bedroom.

They are all paired with remotes, so I can turn them on or off from a distance. I have a Tellstick, which allows my computer and phone to control the lights. On my phone, I have Tasker, which is an automation app. I can set it so that when I get close to my home, my lights turn on. I can also set my bedroom light to be a "wakeup light" that gradually gets brighter in the morning - will be nice for winter.

Anyhow, thanks for all the help. It's appreciated.

Tien

• Gilla
Peter2400
  • Laddar…
"That was the problem with the other dimmer. It required a Neutral, but there was only Live. At least that's the way it looked like it was installed in one of the videos."

If it was live and neutral to the manual switch before he connected the nexa, the only funktion that switch would have was to make a short circuit and burn the fuse!?

image.png
Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
Skapa konto
Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder

Hi. I guess this question comes a bit to late, since you alreade replaced the unit.
But, did you have a bulb in the socket during the installation? I don't think that the instructions mention that, but there has to be a light connected in the curcuit for the 525 to be powered.

Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.