Hi,

My flat is under renovation and I need a multi-dosa like the one from attachment, to be compatible with Schneider Electric frames from LSB02869_EN_System_M_Catalogue.pdf (see the file attached). The distance between centre of 2 wall plugs is 71mm, standard at Schneider.

Can someone help me to find a solution to mount a line of 5-7 frames? I need to have wires pass-through between dosa and it would be good if I could find a single-body option.

My project requires dosa with 4-fack and 7-fack. Any suggestions?
I usually buy my electrical stuff from www.elbutik.se. Do you know any product which can fit my needs?

Thank you,
Andrei

S
4- fack sounds okej, but so many as 7-fack strange

Anyway... I cannot find in stores even 4-fack dosa... :(
My requirements are for a 7-plug dosa which will combine:

1 - loudspeaker LEFT front-rear
2 - Ethernet CAT6 2x ports
3 - 1x 220VAC plug with grounding
4 - TV cable
5 - 1x 220VAC plug with 3 inserts, no grounding
6 - Ethernet CAT6 2x ports
7 - loudspeaker RIGHT front-rear

As you can see in the attached picture, I've already did the 'damage' in concrete... it was a full week with noise on my building. My neighbours weren't too happy... :|

1, 7 - will be loudspeakers for front and rear, using the marginal channels
2, 6 - I will pass together with 1 and 7 on the same tube
3, 4, 5 - will come all together, because I need just 3 wires (grounding, NULL and LINE) + TV cable

Any thoughts?

• IMG_1737.jpg
    Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
    Skapa konto
    Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder
In any case, if I cannot find any dosa with 7 units, I can go for one with 5 units and leave some distance between the marginal dosa and the one with 5...

Still, I was wondering if it does exist somewhere in an online Swedish store such dosa with maybe 7-fack, so I can solve my problem with a single purchase. Other option would be to buy a 4-fack, cut it and glue it from 2 pieces, so I can make a big one... :D

Redigerat:
Rutab has a "multi-dosa" that can be fitted together: http://www.rutab.se/produkter/multidosa/uhw-50-850-multidosa
They say that the hole diameter i 76 mm but does not say if the cc will be 71 mm after assembly...
Take a look at their "Spårdosa" too, which also can be put together, or any other ordinary installations box like Eljo VP-2. But then it seems more difficult to connect the flex tube to the ones in the middle since you need to separate the different systems.

TeroM, with the frame is not a problem, because those can be ordered directly from Schneider Electric.

My concern is still related to some kind of model of spårdosa (like the one from your link) which can be extended by connection with clamps and allows me to pass-through the cables from a body to another. I cannot enter with each cable on each dosa from the upper-part.

In the attached .pdf's you can see that the standard distance between the centers of a multi-dosa is 71mm. So, I guess that the best solution is to find something from Schneider Electric...

Bo.Siltberg, that kind of dosa is exactly what I am looking for! Thank you very much!
The only problem is that distance of 71mm... which I guess that it's different when compared to what Schneider frames are offering as distance.

Also, note that the dosa diameter must be 60mm, as described in the attached .pdf for Schneider MultiFix product range.

Andrei Macavei skrev:
TeroM, with the frame is not a problem, because those can be ordered directly from Schneider Electric.

My concern is still related to some kind of model of spårdosa (like the one from your link) which can be extended by connection with clamps and allows me to pass-through the cables from a body to another. I cannot enter with each cable on each dosa from the upper-part.

In the attached .pdf's you can see that the standard distance between the centers of a multi-dosa is 71mm. So, I guess that the best solution is to find something from Schneider Electric...
The Spårdosa is stacked with the red plastic parts on the sides, those have also a punch-out hole in the red so you can feed cables between stacked units without using the detachable tubes on top, that also can be moved to any position around the unit. Consider isolation between different cables, don't mix or pass speaker, antenna and LAN with the 230V mains.

The 71mm is a kind of standard for outlets next to each other in a common frame and not unique to Schneider. I can not promise that the distance with the boxes I linked to, I would expect that twill get the correct distance between your inserts, drop a mail to elbutik and ask them as rotab did not have this information on their web page - not that I looked that long for it ...

Andrei Macavei skrev:
Bo.Siltberg, that kind of dosa is exactly what I am looking for! Thank you very much!
The only problem is that distance of 71mm... which I guess that it's different when compared to what Schneider frames are offering as distance.

Also, note that the dosa diameter must be 60mm, as described in the attached .pdf for Schneider MultiFix product range.
The first dosa Bo links to is made for mounting on wallboards, might be tricky to get in your concrete wall especially with the folding hose connections. But, lots of glue ...

As I wrote above, I do not believe that need to worry about the 71mm as long as you stay on standard parts as Schneider and the ones we have linked to. Looking at units like this, almost never see the distance mentioned as it's the same in all cases.

I have just sent an e-mail to Rutab, I hope I will receive tomorrow an advice from them.

In any case, my request will probably end up in glueing more Schneider dosas and making a pass-through channel to cross the cables. Of course, I will do this in case that I will not be able to find a modular and extensible solution...

Improvisations in plastic. :D

Meanwhile I have found the dimension of the frames from Schneider (see attachment).

They are for different series (UNICA) which are sold on the Romanian market, but overall, the dimensions are the same to all series, including EXXACT and System M.

The problem is that the Rutab Multidosa UHW 50 has a diameter of 76mm and my requirement is for 60mm diameter and depth of maximum 30mm. I'm not sure if I can obtain a multiple-dosa which can have 71mm distance between each 2 neighbour centers.

Any ideas are appreciated! :rolleyes:

Andrei Macavei skrev:
Meanwhile I have found the dimension of the frames from Schneider (see attachment).

They are for different series (UNICA) which are sold on the Romanian market, but overall, the dimensions are the same to all series, including EXXACT and System M.

The problem is that the Rutab Multidosa UHW 50 has a diameter of 76mm and my requirement is for 60mm diameter and depth of maximum 30mm. I'm not sure if I can obtain a multiple-dosa which can have 71mm distance between each 2 neighbour centers.

Any ideas are appreciated! :rolleyes:
You can not use something with a diameter of 60mm, that is the center to center distance between the screws that you fasten the inserts with ... Minimum diameter is most likely in range of 70-80 mm.
Minimum depth seems to be 40mm on the Rutab parts. With less then 40mm depth, I doubt that your outlets will fit without touching the bottom, nor will you have any space for the cables you want to pass between the outlets behind your inserts.

Indeed, I need a dosa with minimum 40mm depth, so I can cross the cables from one dosa to another. 60mm would be even better. My switches and wall plugs occupy a depth of 34mm inside each dosa.

I have sent an e-mail to Elbutik.se and Rutab Sweden to ask them regarding my requirement. I will keep you updated and I'll come here with pictures of the final product. They might be some people interested to see what I've found for my renovation project... :)

Do not mix grounded and not grounded 230V AC outlets that is not allowed, and cold be dangerous

• Gilla
Andrei M
  • Laddar…
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.