Hi, I am in the middle of a total renovation project for my apartment and I am redoing the entire bathroom. We will add a niche to the shower area, and I really wanted to have a LED lightstrip inside the niche to add a nice effect. This is very popular in every design example.

Our contractors said they would check with the authorities that regulate the water and waterproofing, but they said it's almost sure they will not be allowed to do it since it's a wet zone and you cannot do any electricity in a wet zone. They said that would compromise the certification and I definitely do not want that.

I suggested for them to explain to the authorities that the LED lightstrip we want to use is waterproof IP67: https://www.philips-hue.com/sv-se/p...ance-lightstrip-outdoor-2-meter/8718699709839 and that the cable would be pulled all the way to the ceiling from inside the tiles and only "outside" the "wet area" is that the connection to the electricity would be.

I am wondering if there is any other solution or anything that we could do to make it work and be according to the safety standards. I cannot believe it's "impossible" to do because it's done everywhere in the world and it's a very popular design. There must be something that allows it to work. Do you people know of any alternatives?

I attached pictures of the render of the bathroom. The shower area is 90cm wide and there will be a glass of 100cm and a 70cm gap to enter, without any doors.

• Render av en nyrenoverad badrum med klinkergolv och väggar. En duschnisch är inbyggd i väggen. Modern inredning med en rund spegel och svart duscharmatur.
    Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
    Skapa konto
    Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder
  • Render av ett modernt badrum med en duschzon till höger, en spegel med LED-belysning, ett trädskåp under handfatet och varma beige väggar och golv.
    Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
    Skapa konto
    Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.