Hi all

I have recently read many posts from various websites saying that adding a LLVP to a house with a FLVP results in cheaper bills and that the compliment each other well.
I am a beginner at heat pumps and am still not 100% sure how it works. My setup is I'm living in Veddige in a 95m2 one plan house built 2 years ago, a NIBE F730 installed with radiators only.
From reading that a LLVP can save money on bills I'm very interested at getting one installed however I didn't understand most of it as its in Swedish 😂.
I would very much appreciated it if someone can take the time to explain this to me in English.

One of the questions I have is when I do get the LLVP installed should I change any settings on the NIBE F730?
Will I be turning the ventilation down to a minimum as the NIBE will be getting energy from the LLVP & not the outside air? Also if the LLVP is blowing heat or air con it makes sense to close the vents and not let it escape right?

Thanks for reading.
James

Forget about LLVP if you looking for heating and live permanently in the house. You have a F730 which is a modern powerful FLVP and your house is recently built and thus very well insulated. Would have been different if you had a F370 with only a small compressor.

• Gilla
Johannes Carlsson
  • Laddar…
J Josth skrev:
Forget about LLVP if you looking for heating and live permanently in the house. You have a F730 which is a modern powerful FLVP and your house is recently built and thus very well insulated. Would have been different if you had a F370 with only a small compressor.
I think where LLVP saves you money is at minus temps where the LLVP still works well at a high COP whereas the NIBE can't cope at all with minus temps and uses the electric addition to heat which is just a 1 ratio. In the winter the NIBE can be very expensive.
Does this make sense or is it totally wrong?

Jamos316 Jamos316 skrev:
I think where LLVP saves you money is at minus temps where the LLVP still works well at a high COP whereas the NIBE can't cope at all with minus temps and uses the electric addition to heat which is just a 1 ratio. In the winter the NIBE can be very expensive.
The LLVP is also quite bad when its minus temps outside.

Jamos316 Jamos316 skrev:
Sounds like are thinking of the old traditional FLVPs with a thermal power of approx. 1.5 to 2 kW. F730 can work with an extract air temperature of -15 °C and produce up to 5 kW thermal power with a corresponding air-flow.

B
Yes. F730 is a modern flvp with a powerful and good compressor. There is little to gain from installing a LLVP with this flvp. What is your yearly electric consumption (kWh/year?)

B BSOD skrev:
Yes. F730 is a modern flvp with a powerful and good compressor. There is little to gain from installing a LLVP with this flvp. What is your yearly electric consumption (kWh/year?)
850kWh

B
Jamos316 Jamos316 skrev:
850kWh
Nope. Check again

B BSOD skrev:
Nope. Check again
😂 Sorry
Around 7000

B
Its way too low usage to justify a LLVP. You have a good system as it is.

• Gilla
buffyin
  • Laddar…
We have a LLVP och FLVP (10 year old IVT 690) and it works great with an old or fixed speed compressor
But with a NIBE F730 the LLVP would only be good as AC in the summer!

So. I Live pretty close to you. It´s the warmer part of sweden and you will rarely see minus degrees. Here´s the DVUT for nearby areas. You are somwhere between Varberg and Ullared in the scale. Since Veddige is down in the valley i would go on the Varberg numbers.

Tabell över dimensionerande vintertemperaturer för fyra orter, med latitud, longitud, och temperaturdata över tolv dagar.
This marks the lowest temperatures you will have. like RECORD Low. Climate is getting warmer so it will be rare ocations below freezing

The F730 is a great heat pump and you probably don´t really use max capacity on lower temperatures. A good LLVP like LN35 would be slightly more efficient since it will run at lower delta.
Don´t change the base air settings on the F730, if something lower the overall temperature so you keep it around 19 degrees inside. For that an LLVP set at say 23 would add some topping of to it and stop overheating during sunny days. Main bonus is you can use it as an AC unit.

You already have a really low energy consumption at 7000kWh/year i´m similar in my 2019 house. 1/3 of what you use is likley household accesories. Lights, laptop, TV, Fridge, cooking, laundry. And half of the rest is probably hot water for shower.
So you are debating on reducing 2000kWh for heating with the addition of an LLVP to save 400kWh per year. Equivalent of an extra freezer sort of.

It´s not the best investment, even if i´m also fond of the idea. Better is to focus on lowering indoor temperature to absolute minimum. Then minimize hot water use, like water saving shower nozzles.

Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.