Hej

I use Thunderbird as my mail program and define my Telia account as IMAP but my mailbox get full everytime.
Can some help to fix it ?

Mvh
Nol

What do you mean by "full"?

The advantage with IMAP is that all mails are stored at the server instead of locally on you computer (however a local copy is often kept anyway to improve browsing performance).

Thus, both the local storage space and the server storage space may limit the possible amount (size) of saved emails.

I receive all mails from my Telia account on my PC and they are also on the Telia server, no problem so far but when I delete a mail on my computer it move the mail to the trash map on my computer
Then I delete al trash mails on my computer
After some time I get a mail from Telia that the mailbox get full and I have to clean the mailbox at the server
When I look at the server I can see that the mailbox (använt utrymme) is almost 100% and all mails are still on the server si I have to delete all mails by hand every 10 mails at one time.
I thought that when I delete mails on my computer it was also deleted on the server if I use IMAP instead of POP3

BirgitS
If you use POP3, the emails will be deleted from Telia's server immediately or after a few days (depending on settings in Thunderbird). Isn't that a better solution for you?

Does the same problem occur when you perform the same task with another email client?

@BirgitS, no because I have 2 computers one in Holland and one in Sweden
They told me when I use IMAP I don´t have to make a backup because all mail stay on the server so when i am come to Sweden I have the same mails as in Holland

@Andy78, no it works fine with my Dutch account. It only happen with the Telia account

Maybe the configuration is the problem because I found 2 different configurations for Telia with IMAP
This is how I did it, sorry it is Dutch but I don´t think it is a problem.
Skärmdump av IMAP-serverinställningar för Telia i ett e-postprogram.
Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
Skapa konto
Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder

BirgitS
You should always have a backup of important emails since the Telia and other email providers sometimes make a mistake and their customers loose emails.

Sorry, I don't use IMAP in Thunderbird and can't help you with that.

I make a backup of my HDD including Thunderbird every night, just for safety reason.
But as I wrote Telia is the problem because my Dutch account works fine.
Even that I appreciate you help so far, thanks (y) and have a fine weekend.

• Gilla
BirgitS
  • Laddar…
Is your dutch account provided by telia and configured on the same computer and client?

I have IMAP with Telia, I have those setting on this page, haven't made any changes myself here.
If it could be something here?

Skärmdump av e-postkontoinställningar för IMAP med mappalternativ på Telias tjänst.
Skapa konto

Otherwise perhaps try to reconfigure it to Thunderbird, I used their automatic software that configured the e-mail address automaticly to Thunderbird (with IMAP or POP3), so it made the right settings for me, you can find it here, (you have to verify your adress and password first).
https://www.telia.se/privat/support/felanmalan/e-post

BirgitS
tomson skrev:
I have IMAP with Telia, I have those setting on this page, haven't made any changes myself here.
If it could be something here?
I suggest that you upload the tab Serverinställningar instead.

So the dutch account is not configured on the same client and computer wich you are discovering problems with telia?

BirgitS skrev:
I suggest that you upload the tab Serverinställningar instead.
Good idea :)

Skärmdump av e-postserverinställningar i ett e-postprogram med markerat alternativ för att radera meddelanden från servern.
Skapa konto

Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.