Hi
I am going to change the normal switch to a dimmer in the first picture. I opened the current switch I faced 4 wires.

2 Brown (on goes down, one up) connected to L of current switch
1 grey and 1 black connected to current switch both go up.

How should I connect them to the dimmer? The dimmer has one diagonal arrow, two L and one X holes.

• Hand holding a new dimmer switch in packaging next to an open wall switch with visible wires.
    Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
    Skapa konto
    Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder
  • Hand håller en väggströmbrytare öppen och visar fyra kablar: två bruna, en grå och en svart, anslutna inuti.
    Skapa konto
  • Oöppnad Schneider Electric ljusdimmer med ikoner för anslutningsportar synlig på väggen.
    Skapa konto
Your picture is a bit blurred if I try to study it in detail.

But I suspect that you have a so called "trappkoppling", it means that you can control your lamp from two or more places?

In that case you need a dimmer that also has that function, the one you have does not support it.

If You have another switch that turns on the same lamp (I Think that it's so)
Then connect the Brown conductors to the symbol ~ and the Black to one of the L and the Grey to the Other L.
That dimmer doesn't support LED

• Gilla
AlfaBravo
  • Laddar…
Hi Uffe
We moved to this apartment recently. As you said I found another switch behind a door that is usually open. Thanks for your help and quick reply.

Uffe is right, I just realized that the dimmer DOES support "trappkoppling". My mistake.

U Uffe A skrev:
If You have another switch that turns on the same lamp (I Think that it's so)
Then connect the Brown conductors to the symbol ~ and the Black to one of the L and the Grey to the Other L.
That dimmer doesn't support LED
Thanks. It works.

• Gilla
Uffe A
  • Laddar…
AlfaBravo AlfaBravo skrev:
Thanks. It works.
Hi
One more switch! Appreciate your help.
I am going to change a dual switch for two lamps. I have 2 browns, one black and one Gray. Dimmer switch has two ~, one L and two 1. Please help with matching.

How was the old switch connected? That will identity the phase conductor and the two conductors to the lamps. Then it is simple to connect the dimmer accordingly, phase to L and the lamps to ~.

Bo.Siltberg Bo.Siltberg skrev:
How was the old switch connected? That will identity the phase conductor and the two conductors to the lamps. Then it is simple to connect the dimmer accordingly, phase to L and the lamps to ~.
Two brown lines to L. Black to upper arrow and gray to lower arrow.

Bästa svaret

Then you know, the two browns together to L and the other two to each of ~.

• Gilla
bYkICr och 1 till
  • Laddar…
I did it and both lumps was blinking for a while I keep my fingers on both keys and all of the sudden they stabilised ( I guess dimmer reset). It works now.

BR Amin

Bo.Siltberg Bo.Siltberg skrev:
Then you know, the two browns together to L and the other two to each of ~.
Hi again
I turned both lamp off and then on again and they are blinking!! Do you know what can be the issue?

There is a mismatch between dimmer and lamps, that is, the dimmer cannot handle the type of lamps you are using. You will typically run into trouble with LED lamps and fluorescent lamps. Despite that the dimmer is of a universal type, they can seldom adjust themselves correctly for these kind of lamps. It could also be that the load is too low. Since this dimmer has no connection for neutral, it takes the power it needs itself through the lamp. To rule out errors with the dimmer, please try with a tungsten lamp.

You are right. Bauhaus staff recommended this dimmer to me although I asked for an LED dimmer. Do you know any dual dimmer switch from SCHNEIDER?

Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.