Hej

I have, since a few weeks, a lot of noise in my telephone and that is so hard that I can not make any calls because I can not hear the other side.
I also have 8MB bredband which works but not fast. I check the speed and that is 5MB downstream and 0,5 upstream.
I have one walloutlet, the one from Telia.
Can someone help me to solve this problem ?

Mvh
Nol

Check the spiltter plug for your broadband modem.

With telephone directly in the wallplug same noise

Then its probably arcing or corrosion in some connector(s), maybe in your house, maybe out on Telias/Skanovas line. Try to check with a phone directly where the line comes into the house, if its still noisy, report the failure to Telia.
Try with different phones, too, the phone itself could be faulty.

I try it with 3 telephones and all same problem.
I have 1 outlet directly connected to the Telia line.
Do you mean directly in the first and only walloutlet or ...?

If you call telia they can do some troubleshooting remote. maybe they can determine if the problem is before the ADSL modem or not. 5Mb may not be a capaity drop in Telias definition though....

I had very similar problems with noice and dropped ADSL capacity, it turned out some of the wires in the incoming cables where breaking.

/Abbe

Thanks, I call them tomorrow. I have 8MB ADSL broadband

8Mb adsl means "up to 8 Mb". I think 5 Mb is normal if you live some km from the tele station. If you not measured faster line earlier.

largab skrev:
8Mb adsl means "up to 8 Mb". I think 5 Mb is normal if you live some km from the tele station. If you not measured faster line earlier.
Thats is correct and the programs like bredbandskollen.se or speedtest.net do not give an exact result it only gives you a hint at your speed.

I understand that and I did not measure that before, I am the last one in line so 5MB could be fine
Then I also understand that the Telia line is not broken or something like that.
Question is why the telephone has to much noise ? That was not before.
Maybe Telia can check it online tomorrow

The broadband speed may or may not be reduced by the noise problem, but regardless, Telia should fix it since it affects the quality of phone calls.

Damaged, corroded, wiring or ingress of water in the cables are likely culprits. With a little bit of luck Telia will replace some lengths of cable and this may, in itself, improve broadband speed.

Problem is solved.
Problem was 700 meters from our house in a 10 wire cable and one of the wire (our wire) was bad so they change our line too one of the other unused wire.
Broadband speed is the same
Thank´s to you all

• Gilla
mycke_nu
  • Laddar…
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.