Hey all, sorry for not speaking Swedish.

I am renovating my apartment and thought about the idea of adding an HDMI wall plate to help me connect my computer to the TV. The computer stays in my office, just next to the living room, so the distance is quite small, but the problem is connecting the devices.

Adding a wall plate on both walls with an HDMI 2.1 port and a few USB ports would fix the issue and allow me to play some games on my TV in the living room. Having a 2.1 connection is very important to keep the 4k120 signal.

I read a lot of advice against this, what do you guys think? Any suggestions on where to find a 2.1-compliant wall plate in Sweden? When searching on Google I only really found 2.0 wall plates...

Thanks in advance!

And a Chromecast is not an option? Mirroring the screen. If you are planning for gaming, it isn't....

The easy option is to to simply run the hdmi and a usb cable through the wall. For a custom setup this should not make any more (probably less) clutter than wallplates. If you have usb-c out on your PC you might be lucky and be able to run only a usb-c cable and split with a USB c hub on the end.

Redigerat:
andreascarlsson andreascarlsson skrev:
It doesn’t specify 2.1 (the suppliers don’t do that very often AFAIK), but here you have an option; [länk]

Otherwise, talk to the guys at Kjell & Co, they are really good at cables and stuff.

/FWIW
Good idea, will go there and have a chat with them and see what they recommend.

pacman42 pacman42 skrev:
And a Chromecast is not an option? Mirroring the screen. If you are planning for gaming, it isn't....
Not really... Gaming is why I want to connect my PC to the TV...

pacman42 pacman42 skrev:
The easy option is to to simply run the hdmi and a usb cable through the wall. For a custom setup this should not make any more (probably less) clutter than wallplates. If you have usb-c out on your PC you might be lucky and be able to run only a usb-c cable and split with a USB c hub on the end.
The problem with a single cable running through the wall is that it will be there all the time. I want the setup to be clean and nice and to be able to remove the cable when not in use and storing them. Want to avoid having a cable dangling all the time.

H hapazard skrev:
If you really want to use wall plates, consider hdmi to ethernet [länk]

But this doesn't specify hdmi 2.1 only 4K so who knows...
This is interesting. What's the idea behind converting the signal to ethernet first? Does it have less interferance? Unfortunately they specify 4K60 in that product, which is HDMI 2.0, no mention of 4K120 at all...

FelipeRRM FelipeRRM skrev:
This is interesting. What's the idea behind converting the signal to ethernet first? Does it have less interferance? Unfortunately they specify 4K60 in that product, which is HDMI 2.0, no mention of 4K120 at all...
You can run longer lengths with cat6 compared to hdmi and there are many more options of wall plates.

FelipeRRM FelipeRRM skrev:
The problem with a single cable running through the wall is that it will be there all the time. I want the setup to be clean and nice and to be able to remove the cable when not in use and storing them. Want to avoid having a cable dangling all the time
Are you worried about the look from both sides of the wall? If you are only concerned about the tv side I would put a wall box with a snap on cover plate where you could pull in the cable heads by pulling the cables from the other room

H hapazard skrev:
Are you worried about the look from both sides of the wall? If you are only concerned about the tv side I would put a wall box with a snap on cover plate where you could pull in the cable heads by pulling the cables from the other room
Do you have a link for a product like that? I don't quite get what you mean!

Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.