Hello
I see other posts related to this but it doesn't cover what my problem is.
I live in southern Sweden and have problems with the humidity in the garage. It sometimes goes up to 90 percent. I have a garage with storage as in the picture.
In storage the humidity is below 70 percent and when I use elements it is even lower but it is the garage where I have problems with humidity.
What I tried
Dehumidifier 30 m² from Christmas but it works when the temperature is above 5 and I have to put elements that take some time to raise the temperature.

My question is, can I use the exhaust fan (two way control) available on amazon (attached picture) that is shown in red color in outlet to control the humidity?

I have the front and one side of the garage not insulated, should I do that first and use dehumidifier or fan heaters? I am attaching a photo where the garage front and one side are not insulated. Resten av garaget och butiken är isolerade som på bilden

If anyone is interested, I use polycam app and blender

Thanks in advance.

• 3D-modell av ett oinrett rum med möblerad arbetsplats, vita väggar, inget tak, grönt golv.
    Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
    Skapa konto
    Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder
  • 3D-modell av ett enkelt, ofärdigt kök och vardagsrum, vita väggar, sparsam inredning, grönt bakgrund.
    Skapa konto
  • Takstolar av trä, isolering, ventilerad gavel, inomhus, konstruktion, oavslutat vindutrymme, byggmaterial.
    Skapa konto
  • Garageportens mekanism, spår och fjädrar, inomhus träkonstruktion, otydlig text på isolering i bakgrund.
    Skapa konto
  • Vit väggmonterad fläkt som skapar cirkulation med röda och blå pilar som illustrerar luftflöde.
    Skapa konto
  • Garageinteriör på natten, skugga av person, kartongvägg, metallspår för garageport, svagt ljusinsläpp.
    Skapa konto
The attatched graph showes the relative humidity outdoors at my home during november. Unless you heat the garage or use a dehumidifier you will not acheive much less humidity than outdoors. Ventilation is not enough since it is also very humid outside.
Graf som visar fluktuationer i relativ luftfuktighet över tid.
Skapa konto

Tomture61
You will have high humidity all the time if you do not insulate the garage + heat the garage to a minimum of +16 gr .

• Gilla
Ikbangesh
  • Laddar…
Unikt namn
I use https://woods.se/sv/shop/avfuktare/woods-sw42fw-made-in-sweden/ in my 45m² garage. The garage is insulated but currenly without an heat solution.

I can push RH below 50%, but i try to keep it just below 70%.

Afaik theres no need to heat the garage from a humidity point of view. While the dehumidifyer doesnt work well around 5c, mold wont grow either because its too cold.

• Gilla
Ikbangesh
  • Laddar…
Tomture61
Appgränssnitt för temperatur- och fuktighetskontroll, välj temperatur, fuktighet, schemaläggning, timerfunktioner; mörkt tema, mönstrad bakgrund.
Skapa konto

Unikt namn
Energiförbrukningsdiagram för november 2023, visar varierande dagligt användning med totalt 3.61 kWh.
Skapa konto

November power consumption of my garage dehumidifyer above.

How much energy does it take to reach +20C in the garage @Tomture61 ?

• Gilla
Ikbangesh
  • Laddar…
Tomture61
Unikt namn Unikt namn skrev:
[bild]
November power consumption of my garage dehumidifyer above.

How much energy does it take to reach +20C in the garage @Tomture61 ?
I have to have 20 degrees in the garage for various reasons. Do not have a separate electricity meter for the garage, yet.
Just wanted to show the humidity I have in the garage.
I don't see what temp you have. Or humidity .

Redigerat:
Unikt namn
Tomture61 Tomture61 skrev:
I have to have 20 degrees in the garage for various reasons. Do not have a separate electricity meter for the garage, yet.
Just wanted to show the humidity I have in the garage.
I don't see what temp you have. Or humidity .
Since I have no heat its pretty close to the oustide temp.
I havent gotten around to log my RH yet, i just have standalone temp/rh sensor.

My point was just that heat is not needed JUST for keeping RH in check. Its more economical to just dehumidify.

• Gilla
Ikbangesh och 1 till
  • Laddar…
Unikt namn Unikt namn skrev:
I use [länk] in my 45m² garage. The garage is insulated but currenly without an heat solution.

I can push RH below 50%, but i try to keep it just below 70%.

Afaik theres no need to heat the garage from a humidity point of view. While the dehumidifyer doesnt work well around 5c, mold wont grow either because its too cold.
I am only concerned about mold, if that doesn't happen, I can move my garage's expensive equipment to a small store where I have both temperature and humidity control using oil element, thanks to good insulation.

• Två linjediagram som visar luftfuktighetsprocent och okänt mätvärde över november 2023.
    Skapa konto
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.