Hi,

I'm sorry that I don't speak Swedish; I hope you can help me.

I have a Myresjö house in Cambridge, UK - it was built in the mid - 1980s.
I need to replace the threshold on an external door. The easiest way to remove the threshold would be to remove the door and the frame. But I've never seen frame fixings like this, and I don't know how to remove them. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Phil

• Närbild på ett dörrkarmsfäste med en synlig skruv i mitten och skadat trä runtom.
    Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
    Skapa konto
    Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder
ullberg
This is the typical way to mount doors and windows in Sweden, what you need is a ”Karmsruvsnyckel” e.g. like this

https://www.hornbach.se/shop/Karmskruvsnyckel-THUREssON-FASTENING-rak/7597313/artikel-detaljer.html

The screw as such looks like this
https://www.hornbach.se/shop/Karmskruv-7x70-mm-4-styck/5147696/artikel-detaljer.html

Took these examples from hornbach but in Sweden you can find them at almost any hardwarestore or lumberyard

And the point of it is that it allows for both mounting and adjusting the door / window, when mounting (or unmounting) you use the end of the tool with both internal and external hex, when adjusting you use the end with only external.

When unmounting you might first need to use the end for adjustment to align the internal and external hex so that the mount/unmount end fits

/U

EDIT: not quite as fast as Stefan :)

Stefan N Stefan N skrev:
You need a "Karmskruvnyckel" [länk]
Thank you very much!

ullberg ullberg skrev:
This is the typical way to mount doors and windows in Sweden, what you need is a ”Karmsruvsnyckel” e.g. like this

[länk]

The screw as such looks like this
[länk]

Took these examples from hornbach but in Sweden you can find them at almost any hardwarestore or lumberyard

And the point of it is that it allows for both mounting and adjusting the door / window, when mounting (or unmounting) you use the end of the tool with both internal and external hex, when adjusting you use the end with only external.

When unmounting you might first need to use the end for adjustment to align the internal and external hex so that the mount/unmount end fits

/U

EDIT: not quite as fast as Stefan :)
Very fast nonetheless!
Do I understand correctly that the internal screw (which screws into the wall) has a hexagonal outer surface?

H hama65 skrev:
Karmskruv V/S/B - monteringsanvisning - YouTube
Thank you.
I've sent a message to the manufacturer, asking where I can get this in the UK. (The Swedish suppliers, reasonably, don't ship internationally)

You don't need that special tool in my opinion. You just need the correct size of hexagonal socket on an extension and put it in a cordless power drill.
I used tools from my Bahco tool set for this.

D Drosen skrev:
You don't need that special tool in my opinion. You just need the correct size of hexagonal socket on an extension and put it in a cordless power drill.
I used tools from my Bahco tool set for this.
I don't agree. In order to fully remove the screw you need to engage both the outer adjustment part of the screw + the screw itself. This special tool will make it possible to engage both parts at the same time.
0104771A.jpg

• Gilla
jnse och 3 till
  • Laddar…
ullberg
Phil Atkin Phil Atkin skrev:
Very fast nonetheless!
Do I understand correctly that the internal screw (which screws into the wall) has a hexagonal outer surface?
Yes, the part in the wall has an external hex (that the internal hex of the tool engage with)

/U

In case you need to know how the screw works: it is made up of two parts that each have threads, a long thin part that goes into the joist (house structure) and the thicker part that sits mounted in the door frame. They are attached to each other but can turn on their axis independently.

When you use the tool to turn them both at the same time, you screw the screw into the joist. Once it is at a reasonable depth, you use the tool to turn only the thick outer part and it adjust the frame to move closer or father from the joist.

Sorry, long-winded explanation, but hope it helps.

Thank you.
I've sent a message to the manufacturer, asking where I can get this in the UK. (The Swedish suppliers, reasonably, don't ship internationally)
Hi, any progress with getting hold of the tool?

ClasseClas ClasseClas skrev:
Hi, any progress with getting hold of the tool?
Hello.
Every attempt to buy the tool here, or to buy it elsewhere and have it sent here, ended in failure.
Finally I had to ask an English friend, who lives in Norway, to send me the tool. Unfortunately I found that some of the fixings had been fitted by a gorilla and were impossible to remove. I had to saw and drill them out. So then I had to ask my friend to send me some more screws….
Phil

Hello.
Every attempt to buy the tool here, or to buy it elsewhere and have it sent here, ended in failure.
Finally I had to ask an English friend, who lives in Norway, to send me the tool. Unfortunately I found that some of the fixings had been fitted by a gorilla and were impossible to remove. I had to saw and drill them out. So then I had to ask my friend to send me some more screws….
Phil
Thanks for the update. Too bad with all your problems, hope you'll get everything in shape sooner or later...

• Gilla
ricebridge
  • Laddar…
Next time, inbox me, and I’ll slip a few in the post to you. Too bad I didn’t see this thread until now.

Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.