The idea I had was this... Using one of those adjustable feet.

I would have to jack it up first. The slide this in.

The beam is 45wide and 170mm high. I am just wondering if the beam would bow the other way if forced. I am guesing it should if it has already bowed one way.

• En illustration av en balk med justerbara fötter på lutande underlag med texten "BERG".
S Squidge 69 skrev:
The idea I had was this... Using one of those adjustable feet.

I would have to jack it up first. The slide this in.

The beam is 45wide and 170mm high. I am just wondering if the beam would bow the other way if forced. I am guesing it should if it has already bowed one way.
I would think only if you plan to remove the support. With the support it seems most logical just to force it into correct position

Violina Violina skrev:
I would think only if you plan to remove the support. With the support it seems most logical just to force it into correct position
Yep I will remove the support. As its only wood. Its one of those things that I was meant to change at the beginning and totally forgot about. Its on the outside edge so super simple to remove. and just replace with something a littel more reliable and no shrinking.

mrVoodoo mrVoodoo skrev:
As suggested by some other also, I would in this case just use plastic shims. Blocks like this:
[länk]

Durable, easy to shim to correct height, can take alot of weight and doesn't rot.
ah ha got ya. So jack up the beam to the correct postiion, then put a load of these under it to support it?

How large are they, i wouldnt want them to start wobbling?

S Squidge 69 skrev:
Yep I will remove the support. As its only wood. Its one of those things that I was meant to change at the beginning and totally forgot about. Its on the outside edge so super simple to remove. and just replace with something a littel more reliable and no shrinking.
I think I was a bit in unclear, what I meant was that if you plan on having the beam unsupported you probably need to bend it upwards. If you substitute existing support with another, the beam should be level.

Violina Violina skrev:
I think I was a bit in unclear, what I meant was that if you plan on having the beam unsupported you probably need to bend it upwards. If you substitute existing support with another, the beam should be level.
Ah got ya, nope it will have to be supported otherwise I think it will bow more.

• Gilla
Violina
  • Laddar…
So then, bit of an update. I borrowed a car jack from a friend and used it to slowly life the middle of the beam and I have managed to flatten out the floor. I have also placed some proper suppots under it so hopfully now it should hold.

Thanks for everyone for all the tips and advice, and all in English ;)

ALl the best

Matt

• Gilla
Violina
  • Laddar…
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.