First of all sorry about using English in this forum as I am not very good with Swedish yet, I have recently moved into a villa and came across a very annoying problem last night as I couldn't sleep due to the noise of raindrops hitting the aluminum sill at the window of my Bed room and the balcony area.

Please suggest Is there something that could be done to fix this issue

Translated using Google Translator:
Jag har nyligen flyttat in i en villa och stötte på ett mycket irriterande problem igår kväll eftersom jag inte kunde sova på grund av bullret från regndroppar som slog på aluminiumfönstret vid fönstret i mitt sovrum och balkongområdet.

Vänligen föreslå Finns det något som kan göras för att åtgärda problemet

• Ett fönster med aluminiumfönsterbräda på en villa, med synliga regndroppar och träd i bakgrunden.
    Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
    Skapa konto
    Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder
  • Aluminiumfönsterbleck täckt med regndroppar på en villa, markerat med röda cirklar.
    Skapa konto
Thanks @13th Marine for the quick response, do you mean should I stick this mat over the aluminum sill?

I would stick it on the underside, the side you normally dont see.

But do you think that would make any less noise when rain strikes the aluminium part of it? doesn't that problem remains the same, as the metal will still produce the same noise if that is exposed to rain

What I mean is that you stick it on the side of the sill that you cannot see.
We have a similar mat in the underside of our kitchen sink to reduce sound.

I am sorry for the lack of understanding, but I still couldn't figure out what do you mean when you say underside,
Do you mean to put that mat under the sill as shown in the picture with red arrows?

• Glasdörr med snötäckt tröskel och röda pilar som pekar på platsen under fönsterbrädan.
    Skapa konto
I think the metal acts like a drum skin now, it's thin and quite flexible. If you manage to get some sound deadening, like the suggested bitumen mat glued to the underside of the metal plate it would reduce the sound. The basic idea is to transform it from a thin flexible metal piece to something more rigid with more mass that can't vibrate as easily.

The difference with and without bitumen. This is a sideboard for a grill, but you get the idea.

• Gilla
13th Marine och 1 till
  • Laddar…
Aha, that makes perfect sense to me now, thanks @Keld and @Snappahaneklanen for the detailed explanation

I just gave it a closer look and it seems sills are fitted with nails and not the screws so it's not something I could open up easily.
Is there any other workaround that you could think of, I was thinking about putting some waterproof tape, it could be silicon tape or foam tape or something similar that could fix this issue either way or other, However, I also don't want to spoil the look of my balcony or the window.

Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.