Wondering can anybody help me out. I've connected my sensor light and outdoor socket to a junction box. I've also got another light coming into the junction box and it's separate with a switch. When I connect all these together I blow a fuse. But when I don't connect the light with switch it's OK. My question is how can I connect it so this doesn't happen and its on a seoerste line. I've been using WAGO kopingsklämmor.
Thanks

• Handritad elektrisk kopplingsschema skiss som visar sensorljus, uttag och ljusbrytare kopplade till en anslutningsdosa.
    Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
    Skapa konto
    Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder
J
Two questions:
is black from main the hot wire and blue neutral?
Are there grounding grounding cables from the main?

Photos would help

J Jotsat skrev:
Two questions:
is black from main the hot wire and blue neutral?
Are there grounding grounding cables from the main?

Photos would help
Hi. Black is the hot wire from the mains and blue neutral. There is grounding cables going into the main fuse box but not coming out. Only Black / blue out I'm afraid. The main light with switch has been connected before, and a sensor light and socket box going from it. It was no problem. All connected in a koppling dosa med plint.
Never had a problem. Just now when I connect with kopplingsklammor. Right now I've got power on my sensor light and socket box but that's with the light with switch not connected.

Can't tell from your diagram, but if you only have two Wago with all blue wires in one and all black/brown in the other you have constructed a solid short circuit when you close the switch.
The circuit becomes a bit harder to "read" if you connect the switch with brown and blue since blue is mostly used for neutral. Replace it with black for instance. Connect brown from the switch to the black from mains and use a separate Wago to connect the black from the switch to the black going to the lamp.

It's not allowed and quite dangerous to have a socket outdoors without any ground wire. Big NO NO!!

Draw a new diagram and show how all cables are connected.
It will probably be quite obvious why you burn the fuse when turning the switch on.

A alfista skrev:
Can't tell from your diagram, but if you only have two Wago with all blue wires in one and all black/brown in the other you have constructed a solid short circuit when you close the switch.
The circuit becomes a bit harder to "read" if you connect the switch with brown and blue since blue is mostly used for neutral. Replace it with black for instance. Connect brown from the switch to the black from mains and use a separate Wago to connect the black from the switch to the black going to the lamp.
Hi I spoke with electrician today and he told me exactly the same as what your after telling me. I will try it this evening after work and let you know how I got on.
Thanks a lot for the help

Redigerat:
blackarrow blackarrow skrev:
It's not allowed and quite dangerous to have a socket outdoors without any ground wire. Big NO NO!!

Draw a new diagram and show how all cables are connected.
It will probably be quite obvious why you burn the fuse when turning the switch on.
Hi I've got a ground wire to the socket outside and sensor light. It's between both junction boxes that it's just black / blue. I think I have solved the problem anyway. Thanks a lot for the advice

P paddyirish skrev:
Hi I've got a ground wire to the socket outside and sensor light. It's between both junction boxes that it's just black / blue. I think I have solved the problem anyway. Thanks a lot for the advice
Or do I need a ground wire in the whole system for it to function properly? Then I will change the cable between the junction boxes and draw a ground wire from the main fuse box.

A alfista skrev:
Hi. I connected the black wire from lamp in the ceiling to the blue from the switch and everything is working perfect. Thanks so much for the help

P paddyirish skrev:
Or do I need a ground wire in the whole system for it to function properly? Then I will change the cable between the junction boxes and draw a ground wire from the main fuse box.
The sensor light may or may not need a ground wire but the socket definitely does and obviously it must be connected to the proper rail in the main fuse box to have any function. You have disabled a crucial part of the safety system in not having a proper protective earth and it's even worse since it gave a false sense of security. I suggest you read up quite a bit on the matter before doing any more work on electricity, your lack of understanding resulted in two very basic errors, one potentially lethal, in this rather limited amount of wiring.

Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.