Hello,

Sorry to write this in English. My Swedish is not good enough to describe my problem. I appreciate you read my post.

I bought an old rådhus built in 1984. I am suffering noise from upper floor bathroom. After days debugging, I found out the noise is from wall in the corner. The first picture shows the location the second one show the recorded frequency response of the noise which stands out at 159Hz. It is continues noise even no tap is on.

I am wondering is it possible it is the heat water pipe generating such noise? what can cause suck noise

Noise is recorded as below
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-HPGNyk7tjy8XGHGaHsoH8mT0k3naWvW

• Radiator med termostatventil och anslutna rör, eventuell källa till konstant buller vid 159Hz.
    Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
    Skapa konto
    Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder
  • Skärmbild av en frekvensresponsgraf med markant topp vid 159 Hz som illustrerar ljudnivån från ett störande ljud.
    Skapa konto
I'm guessing you've tried the usual suspect and removed any air from the system?

M mrmlz skrev:
I'm guessing you've tried the usual suspect and removed any air from the system?
I only removed the air from the radiators. This is my first house. I just started to learn a house. What else should I do?

I'm living in my first house as well so i got limited experience, air trapped in the system was my first guess and if i'm honest also my only guess :( Sorry! I home someone else has a better idea!

Is the noise continuous or intermittent? Close the radiator valve (first picture) and see if the noise disappears.
Next test: switch off one MCB (miniature circuit breaker, in the electricity box) after the other and listen if the noise disappears.

• Gilla
ring630
  • Laddar…
T Thomas_Blekinge skrev:
Is the noise continuous or intermittent? Close the radiator valve (first picture) and see if the noise disappears.
Next test: switch off one MCB (miniature circuit breaker, in the electricity box) after the other and listen if the noise disappears.
It is continuous.
close the radiator, the noise is still there.
switch off MCB (the lower last switch in the picture), noise disappears!

• Elskåpspanel med varningsskyltar, driftlägesväljare och huvudströmbrytare i 'på' position.
    Skapa konto
T Thomas_Blekinge skrev:
Hi Thomas,

can you give me a hint what to do to kill the noise? I appreciate your help.

OK, this is the main switch for your heater, I believe it is a heat pump.
If you switch off that switch you also switch off the circulation pump which drives the water through the system. So the noise is related to water flow.
Most of these pumps have two or three set points for water flow. The pump should be in the bottom part of the heat pump cabinet. Read the manual, probably you can find it on the Internet.
Try another setting of the water pump to change the flow pattern.

• Gilla
ring630
  • Laddar…
Thank you very much!

T Thomas_Blekinge skrev:
OK, this is the main switch for your heater, I believe it is a heat pump.
If you switch off that switch you also switch off the circulation pump which drives the water through the system. So the noise is related to water flow.
Most of these pumps have two or three set points for water flow. The pump should be in the bottom part of the heat pump cabinet. Read the manual, probably you can find it on the Internet.
Try another setting of the water pump to change the flow pattern.
Finally, I killed the noise by slowing down the water pump. Now I can have a good sleep and a quite Christmas. Thanks very much!

Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.