Hope that it is OK to write in English, I am desperatly looking for guidance to solve an issue as a expat with little Swedish understanding. No issue to reply in Swedish if you wish.

In late summer I purchased a new heat pump to replace my old one which had broken down. I did my research on the right replacement pump, a NIBE F370 to replace a IVT 665. I settled on a company that offered a competitive price and standard installation. I will not share the company name but lets say its not hard to find if you sort by price. After many discussions with the sales people and my budget planning, I took the plunge and ordered a heat pump including installation. The installation cost 14,400 SEK and suggetsed to cover everything except "electricty". I was concerned by this but was assured over the phone that there should be no issue and I should not expect to pay more. The text of the footnote for electricty not included was "4 Endast anslutning av elkabel mellan befintlig arbetsbytare och värmepump." I honestly expected that 14,400 SEK would cover standard installation and all reasonable and expected installation costs related to electricity and I was happy to pay that.

I understand that many jobs will incur additional work due to unanticipated circumstances, and that's my problem and every company should footnote for that. I would expect to pay an additional when something unforeseen appears. Standard electricity for a heat pump replacement job can hardly be considered unforeseen. So I would expect that the standard installation would cover this standard cost or if not at least be calculated and agreed before contracting.

An installation company installed the heat pump after it was delivered. The work appeared to be done very quickly between 07:30 and 11:30. I have product registration email from 12:00, the same day. No unforseen issue was raised nor any concern was given to me during the process. Mid-way through the work the installor told me he would raise another invoice for electricity but could not explain why or for how much. Two days after installation I received a seperate invoice for 6,600 SEK for "El to Nibe. In och utbärning". For guidance, the heat pump was carried 10m from the driveway to the tvättstuga and the old pump was carried 10m the other way. No steps or hazards.

I raised a concern in writing to the installation company and passed this on to the original company who charged for the standard installation.

They replied with “Vi kommer kontakta installatören angående kostnaden för in och utbärning. Vi kommer ta den kostnaden då jag ser att vi inte varit tydliga angående detta på vår hemsida. Dock står det tydligt att el inte ingår i standardinstallation. Har du fler frågor så hör av dig till mig igen.” and have since ignored every follow up mail or message for more information.

I am unsure if I should pay the new invoice and total installation cost of 21,000 SEK is just what it is or should make an issue.

Could you please help me?

Redigerat:
Hello for the best support you have to post your question on värmepumpsforum.se It is a free forum. There are only professionals there
BR ionaserik

• Gilla
MrChicken
  • Laddar…
Why would there be better support from that forum on this topic?

Was the price for the local transport on your property the 600sek? Remaining 6kSEK was for the electrical installations?

As you have already stated, the electrical stuff was not included in the original proposal. If you are in doubt about the 6000kr, ask for a specification of the invoice. What material have they used and how many hours have they spent. Why did they need to upgrade the existing electrical installation that obviously was sufficient for your original heat pump. If that seem to be in order and match what they have actually done then is seems reasonable to pay it.

• Gilla
MrChicken
  • Laddar…
  • Gilla
MrChicken
  • Laddar…
I would expect some additional costs for the electrical part of the installation when changing from a gas boiler (IVT 665) to an immersion heater (NIBE F370). A new fixed 3-phase electric installation from the house electric panel to the heat pump is needed. But I think they should have told you directly about the anticipated cost and I think 6 KSEK is a bit too much, but I don't know the details of the installation.

• Gilla
MrChicken
  • Laddar…
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.