H
please accept my apologies for the English.

Hello everyone. I am in the final stages of building a house, and have come to the insulation of the garage - a task we decided to under take ourselves, which we have now found needs more work than we had planned.

W have insulation, the plastic weather proof sheets, tap etc to do this part of the job, but our builders have now asked that we sort out the fixing for the plaster boards (I think the term is glesning)

I do not have any experience of this and was wondering, what dimension of timber do we use, what sort of spacing do we have (is it just CC 60 from the floor up).

This may seem like a simple question, but I do hope that you have a few minutes to help me.

H Hudson0804 skrev:
please accept my apologies for the English.

Hello everyone. I am in the final stages of building a house, and have come to the insulation of the garage - a task we decided to under take ourselves, which we have now found needs more work than we had planned.

W have insulation, the plastic weather proof sheets, tap etc to do this part of the job, but our builders have now asked that we sort out the fixing for the plaster boards (I think the term is glesning)

I do not have any experience of this and was wondering, what dimension of timber do we use, what sort of spacing do we have (is it just CC 60 from the floor up).

This may seem like a simple question, but I do hope that you have a few minutes to help me.
I am not sure exactly what you refer to with "fixing of plaster boards". Normally you dont use that on walls. The plaster boards are just screwed directly into the wall studs. Some people like to put OSB or plywood first (to be able to easy screw stuff anywhere on the wall).

If you are having plaster boards in the ceiling, however you normally have 28x70 "glespanel" on 300mm spacing center/center.

H
Perhaps I can show you an example with a picture.

https://imgur.com/a/yiWNdYH

As you can see the wall is insulated, then the plastic damp proofing has been done, then on top of this plywood strips .

Its the extra wood that I am unsure of.

Hope thi shelps better explain.

Put insulation between the extra wood. The space is good to not penetrate the plastic when you put up shelves etc. Dont forget to put one in the bottom.

Consider to use OSB or plywood behind the plaster board for more ease of putting stuff on the wall and increased rigidity

H
Johannes Carlsson Johannes Carlsson skrev:
Put insulation between the extra wood. The space is good to not penetrate the plastic when you put up shelves etc. Dont forget to put one in the bottom.

Consider to use OSB or plywood behind the plaster board for more ease of putting stuff on the wall and increased rigidity
We had considered OSB, but right now we need to just insulate the walls and then have it ready for the builders to come and hang plaster board.

I dont think Im explaining myself very well. Sorry for the confusion.

Here is a description of what you need
Handritad skiss som visar bygglager och isolering i en vägg, med mått och materialnoteringar.
Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
Skapa konto
Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder

Btw please upload the pics directly to the forum and insert to your post

H
Thank you for the picture, Im slightly more confused, as when I spoke with my builders they told me that I dont need OSB and instead make a frame with plywood.

I think im going to have to get someone to explain in person as i think theres something im missing in translation.

Where to make that frame?

If you only put gymsum you have to hit the beams with the screws if you want to mount anything heavy

H
I think the builders are wanting the same sort of cc60 spaced wood that you would do for a roof before nail gyps to it.

We've asked for clarification as OSB seems.like an easier task.

You are missenterpretating. The spaced wood should be there anyway. But you already have most of it in the picture

H
Ah now I understand. That picture is not the actual wall. The wall is uninsulated right now. But I think I know what I need t do.

I am sorry this has been so confusing but I don't have a great knowledge of building.

You can look at these Youtube clips to understand more.

Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.