tommib
harry73 harry73 skrev:
For 10 years ago we built a house (200 sqm) for 4 miljon SEK, (20 000 SEK/sqm). This was incl. buildingplot, foundation, water+waste water, basic landscaping, telefon, electricity, building taxes, etc.

Så it is definately possible to build a house (without buildingplot) for under 20 000 SEK/sqm
10 000 SEK/sqm is to cheap and works only if you build it yourselve
Construction costs have increased approximately 33% since 2008. Building supplies have increased in price as well. I would be very careful in drawing conclusions from ten year old data regarding production cost of a new house.

harry73
That is why I compare my buildingcosts incl everything with the buildingcost of a house without plot and all the other extras now.

Thanks!

harry73
I found for example a Smålandsvilla for 1,65 miljon.
I you finish the topfloor for under 350 000 SEK you would land under 2 miljon SEK for 200 sqm.
I am not sure if the foundation is inclusive here, but even if it isn't it can't be a problem to get a squaremeter price under 20 000 SEK
Skärmbild av Smålandsvillans hemsida visar husmodellen "Villa Ljungby" med priser och specifikationer.
Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
Skapa konto
Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder

So what did exactly the broker say about the estimated building costs? Was it just verbally or do you have it in any written communication? Verbally is still legally binding, but harder to prove. Especially if there can be any causes for miscommunication, like that you probably don't speak Swedish and that the broker's English may not be that good.

As a buyer you are required to investigate the property, and as such I would say you could be expected to verify information about the cost of building a house from someone that actually knows how much it costs. Information from brokers are generally second-hand at best.

Have you confronted the broker about the large difference between his information and your quote? And was the drawings of the house included in the purchase as well? You would think that there would be a detailed cost estimate along with the drawings.

One possibility is that the numbers from the broker are stripped of labor costs, land development and so on, but that's just a guess.

This is excactly what the broker send me before i bought the plot

Hi, these are the drawings I have.
The seller has a calculated production cost of 2,5-3 MSEK.

So its in writing, I assumed it was correct the production cost of a house is when everything is done was my best guess (but without land etc) building the house on the drawings i bought.

Well, the seller has told the broker that he has a calculated production cost of 2,5-3 MSEK.
Is he building it himself, or with imported cheap labor? What is included, is it a turn-key house with high quality interior materials and equipment, or just a shell with walls and floors, ready to decorate and fit kitchen, bathroom, heating and all the other important stuff?

I have no clue and should have asked and investigate myself better before buying it, thanks for all your answers.

If we assume that you cannot cancel the deal. This was your original question. You should maybe let a lawyer check it, don't rely on what we here at the forum write.

Then you have to think about next step. Depending on your needs (do you need 250 sq. m?), budget and how much you can do yourself, you have to find a balance, or sell the lot again.

Maybe there is some way to build part of the house now, and complete it when the budget allows.

C
S sliderr skrev:
This is excactly what the broker send me before i bought the plot

Hi, these are the drawings I have.
The seller has a calculated production cost of 2,5-3 MSEK.

So its in writing, I assumed it was correct the production cost of a house is when everything is done was my best guess (but without land etc) building the house on the drawings i bought.
It's in writing, yes, but the broker is obviously just conveying information from the seller. It would be very hard to hold the broker responsible for that. Also, there's not really any commitment in that statement. He's just saying that seller has an estimate on the production cost. Maybe the seller did that calculation himself and is an idiot - who knows?

I let it rest - going to destroy the current byglov and let a new architect draw a smaller house, thanks for everyones input!.

• Gilla
fia_mstd
  • Laddar…
Best of luck!

• Gilla
Anna_H
  • Laddar…
That sounds lilke the way to go. 3MSek should get you a decent house unless there are some very special conditions regarding the groundwork needed.

No we actually dont have any special wishes, we are now talking to Ahus, Fiskarhedvillan and Trvilelhus to come up with ideas and budget for a house with a living area from around 200m2

• Gilla
harry73
  • Laddar…
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.