The loader you refer to is the most powerful model Biltema has to sell. It's equipped with a maintenance loading function, as almost all electronic loaders nowadays, and will work spendidly in your camper!

• Gilla
martin43
  • Laddar…
Thank you for helping me
I need at least 20A loading and Jula don´t have the 25A version. They have an other model which load 30A but without maintenance function
I understand that the Biltema loader is full automatic but is that correct ?
My Swedisch is not so well and the manual which I downloaded is in the Nordic lanquage but not in English

what do you mean with full automatic? It's an intelligent charger but you have to choose which charging mode you want.

Normal charge mode
Repair mode
Cold environment charge
Power source

In normal mode the charger will switch to maintenance charge automatically when the battery is fully charged

Yes, the one from Biltema is an "intelligent" charger.
Intelligent is the same as the automatic function on a regular charger in an camper or caravan, and supports automatic maintenance charge.
How big is the batterys you have?
If you have need for 12V 25A then it's a good buy.
I got a friend that has the same one on his boat and it works great.

I have a similair loader but when power fall off and come back I have to restart the loader again by pushing a button
I need one that restart by it self as soon as the loader is connected to the 230V outlet and it continue the last charging mode

That's something you has to ask in the store.
But in the instructions it says to connect the clamps to the battery then plug in the cord and choose mode.
It doesn't sound like it will start automatically when you plug it in, but i don't know for sure.
Later in the instructions it says connect the clamps then plug in the cord and the charging starts.
Conflicting instructions.

Redigerat:
OK thanks

Fairlane
Perhaps a charger from CTEK is what you need then?
It is more expensive, but it should restart automatically and also it can be used outside.
The one from Biltema has IP20

I only use it inside the camper, it will be fixed in the camper.
I was curious if the Biltema work the same as CTEK ? Then I buy the Biltema.

Thanks for the link 123abc, that is much cheaper then I have seen so far

Nol Nol skrev:
Thank you for helping me
I need at least 20A loading and Jula don´t have the 25A version. They have an other model which load 30A but without maintenance function
I understand that the Biltema loader is full automatic but is that correct ?
My Swedisch is not so well and the manual which I downloaded is in the Nordic lanquage but not in English
Why do you need 20 A loading? If your battery is 55 Ah (as an example) and the charger has 8 A you can charge the battery over night. Is that too long time to wait?
Whe I see the biltema you referrred to in your first post I see the thin leads and clamps. I would never run 20 A through this without feeling unsafe. 20 A can fry conndectors easily and burn your camper down.

I have a 200Ah battery for household and that is where the loader is for
The start battery is separate and disconnected when I am not driving the camper

Be careful if you use a "smart" charger and have loads active when you charge. If something draws current the charger can be confused and wait too long before going to trickle/standby charge. The battery can then be damaged. Charging with a fixed voltage (like an old stupid charger) can be safer in such cases.

• Gilla
martin43
  • Laddar…
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.