Hej

A friend have a vacationhouse and 2 years ago they drill 88 meters for water but he have 4,2mg/l iron in the water and as far as I know it should be below 0,5mg/L
A filter can solve the problem but he don´t have electric power, he use a handpump.
Does anyone have a solution how to clear the water from iron ?
Any advice he appreciate (y)

Does someone have a solution for him ?
I don´t think he is the only person with an own well without electric power.
Again, he appreciate any advice !

What is the main use for the water? The iron is not dangerous, so for drinking and cooking it should be ok to use. The problem is that the iron will leave stains.
For drinking and cooking maybe some kind of water filter system for outdoor purposes could work.
To remove the iron from the water air is needed to be injected to the water to get the iron to oxidise and then the iron can be caught in a sand filter. That is the principle for an iron filter.

The main use is drinking, cooking and shower. Yes he know that it is not dangerous but everything get brown.
More problem is the shower, therefor he has a 12volt pump in combination with a gasgeyser (gejser) and both pump and the geyser membrane get damage because of the iron.

Removing the iron is the problem, how does he get the water trough a sandfilter with a handpump ?

He use the pump from the picture and how can he connect the filter to the outlet of the pump ? Zwengelpomp.jpg
Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
Skapa konto
Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder

Krilleman
I guess it will be a problem to connect the filter to that pump. If you put a filter on the outlet the water will propably exit the pump through the hole for the pump rod.

Krilleman. When the well is deeper than seven meters the pump is located below ground level.

Redigerat:
I will ask my friend to be sure if this is the pump.
I also can understand that when they come to drill they drill it as a "djupborradbrunn"
Maybe the waterlevel is highet and just a few meter deep. But I check that too.
Thank you so far and I come back.

I don't think the suggested filter from Jula will remove any iron. The problem is that the iron is not in solid form in the water. It will not be caught by the mesh in the filter.

I have a such filter. It removes iron. Not all of it, but it reduces the problem largely.

It is the pump from the picture and that works fine
They drill untill the water was of good quality.
In the drilled hole they put a pipe which is connected to the pump but he don´t know how long that pipe is and he don´t know the water level in the pipe

Hopefully someone know a solution to reduce the iron

Invest in some solarpanels, battery bank and inverter (he can get bidrag for that from the state), then he can use a good filter and a small pump to bring it up, even all the way into the house.
There can't be any need for more than a small cheap water pump to get it up from the drilled hole.

He have a solarpanel because he have a battery in use but he don´t get bidrag from the state because he have no income in Sweden.
We talk about this option and I can talk it over with him again.
What kind of pump and filter would you advice ?

OK, great!
Perhaps only a bit too little sun in winters?
He could complent with a small gasoline generator perhaps in such situations.
If we can get out some 1200W from his battery bank, there are many standard 230V AC pumps that will fit.
Given the lack of mains connection, I would advice a green sand filter, where only electricity needed is for some chemical dosage (kaliumpermanganat) automation + reverse flushing of the filter in order to get out the oxdized iron from it. Tha latter will be the main electricity need in fact, as there have to be back-flushing several hundreds of liters about once per week or more, depending of how much water is used and filtrated.
For this perhaps a gasoline backup would be neccesary. (Or more solar panels...)

Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.