Hi everyone

I bought a house in Sweden last Christmas but have not lived in, I am in the UK.

Please advise if I can have discount or exempt from any "government fee". I did pay one year "land tax" (as I understand) in January.

I received the bills for electricity and paid it. How to let them know because I think I am overcharged too much. Should I ask them to check the meter reader as soon as possible and let them know about my case.

Thank you very much.

Regards

congchua84 skrev:
Hi everyone

I bought a house in Sweden last Christmas but have not lived in, I am in the UK.

Please advise if I can have discount or exempt from any "government fee". I did pay one year "land tax" (as I understand) in January.

I received the bills for electricity and paid it. How to let them know because I think I am overcharged too much. Should I ask them to check the meter reader as soon as possible and let them know about my case.

Thank you very much.

Regards
The property tax is issued regardless if you live in the house or not, it is a yearly tax of 0.75%with a maximum of 6380 SEK/year.

In the case of the electricity bill you can ask for a meter reading. Unless you have a wireless meter the electrical company will charge you on an "assumed" consumption, until they have a couple of years measurements.
Dont forget however that this years winter was harsh and if you have any kind of electrical heaters on, even on low, the bill will probably be pretty high.

/K

@klaskarlsson: Thank you very much for your details. I tried but could not call "Skatteverket" for yearly tax, I understand it now.

@klaskarlsson and ALL:
I tried to call "vattenfall" who is our electricity supplier but I have to wait for a long time on the line to get through to customer service. Please let me know if you know their direct phone number. The number I called is +46771 82 00 00.
I also email them but no response nearly 10 days.
Please help the best way to contact them.

Thank you.

congchua84 skrev:
I tried to call "vattenfall" who is our electricity supplier but I have to wait for a long time on the line to get through to customer service. Please let me know if you know their direct phone number. The number I called is +46771 82 00 00.
That's the correct number according to their website.

Yes it is the number on the bill but I wait on the line 20-25 mins could not go through...

congchua84 skrev:
Yes it is the number on the bill but I wait on the line 20-25 mins could not go through...
You have meet the swedish service...

no, it had so many choices, I tried some but I could not get through to anyone from customer service
lol

You can also contact them via internet:

Translated link (may not work ?):
http://translate.google.se/translat...tl=en&u=http://www.vattenfall.se/sv/index.htm

Original:
http://www.vattenfall.se/sv/kontakt.htm

When it comes to telephone queues you can usually just wait and an operator will pick up the call and ask for your errand if you do not choose any option...

How much was the bill then ?
I payed over 3000 SEK on my latest bill (which is paid quartely) because of the winter. Usually I pay around 4000 SEK per YEAR :/

/K

Thank you very much.
I did at your advice, and still on the line 15 mins before I was fed up to switch off the phone

15-25 minutes are nothing. You just have to be patient.

congchua84 skrev:
Thank you very much.
I did at your advice, and still on the line 15 mins before I was fed up to switch off the phone
Try the contact from on the internet.
In a phone queue you may have to wait 10,20 or even up to 40 minutes. Best option is usually to call fairly early in the mnorning, after lunch people are strating to call en masse :)

/K

Thank you.
I email them (using form on website) but no response after 2 weeks!!!

Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.