Hello everyone,

first of all, I apologize for writing in English. I moved to Sweden 2 years ago for business reasons and I am still struggling with the language. Please feel free to write in Swedish and will translate for myself.

I bought a house with old DII fuse box without JFB. Of course I immediately wanted to replace it. I called an authorized el company and very nice guy came and did the work in both house and garage in a few hours. After he left I am finding many questionable things which I would like to hear your opinion on.

Installed equipment is Schneider Resi9.

• L2 and L3 output screws from JFB to fasskena were totally loose. Like not screwed at all.
  • Half of MCBs seems to be used ones (more yellow in color then the other new ones)
  • One MCB is not working at all
  • 3 phase group for washing machine got 1x C13A + 2x C10A (only L1 actually used in fixed installed machine)
  • one group got C13A for seemingly no reason. It was 6A fuse before and wires are 1.5mm2. I am not sure I am comfortable with having 13A on unchecked/untested circuit feeding multiple outlets in relatively far-away part of the house
  • Gruppförteckning document I got was wrong - one group was missing so all groups after it were wrongly labeled. No info about el company, no ledar-area, no märk-ström
  • group testing done only one few outlets, only measuring L1->N and L1->PE voltage
  • 2 of C13A came with excentered latch: Säkringspanel från Schneider Electric; flera brytare; en markerad; elektrisk utrustning; installationsskena.
    Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
    Skapa konto
    Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder
That's all I remember in this moment. Please let me know what you think. I am very reluctant to call him back.

It seems like you got yourself a cowboy. First of all, check if the company is registered here https://www.elsakerhetsverket.se/kollaelforetaget/privatperson (in Swedish).

The 3-phase circuit to the washing machine should be a triple C10 MCB. The two C13 should be C10. All connections should be torqued to correct spec. Did he use a busbar? Resi9 has them for easy and safe installation. The inoperable MCB should be checked why it doesn't work, either it's faulty or the circuit is shorted.

If you have not paid them yet, don't. Tell them that they should fix their sloppy installation first.

By the way, most old diazed units can be modified for a JFB unless it was in bad shape or not enough circuits.

• Gilla
klaskarlsson
  • Laddar…
Hello @Logad

Thank you very much for your answer :)

I checked the company before I called them, it is registered:
Lista över tjänster för elinstallation för privatpersoner och företag på svenska.
Skapa konto

Yes, he used the busbar:

Elcentral med RCCB och MCB säkringsautomater, tre har synliga fel märkta i färgade rutor.
Skapa konto

Two screws marked in RED were totally loose.
3x 1P C16A marked in BLUE are for kitchen stove. Shouldn't this be 1x 3P C16A?
The quality of work marked in GREEN is not problematic but it really doesn't look professional.

I checked the inoperable MCB with multimeter and spårskruvmejsel, it's dead. Which is not surprising as it's not new, it looks very used.

I did not pay them yet but I am not sure what to do. I would rather pay them and call someone else to fix this as I don't trust them anymore.

I did not want to modify the old unit, I wanted everything new. Very disappointing that I got used/non-new stuff.

Is it normal/expected to get old/used elements instead of new?

Thank you again, your answer was very helpful.

Yes the stove circuit should be a triple, too.

As I said, call them and tell them to fix this before payment and let them know about the loose screws on the JFB. Don't let them get away with this.

• Gilla
czczcz
  • Laddar…
Jag tar det på svenska, för den allmänna förståelsen.

Jag tror inte det finns ett krav att spisen skall vara kopplad till en trepolig säkring.

3 fas matningen till tvättmaskinen är väl mer gränsfall. Att ha blandade säkringsstorlekar till en trefasgrupp är märkligt. Men jag är osäker på om det är rent fel.

De två lösa skruvarna ser ju väldigt allvarligt ut. Men hur är det med schneider, har de "quick connect" som Hager? OM man har quick connect från Hager så behöver man inte dra skruvarna, det är fjädrande kontakter för skenan. Men det finns även hål att stoppa tråd i, i så fall måste skruven dras. Jag vet inte om schneider har ngt liknande?

Lite varför jag skrev should och inte must. Det är väl mer en stark rekommendation att ha 3-poliga dvärgar på en 3-fasgrupp även om den matar enfasapparater.

DON'T pay. If you dont want them to fix it, you can tell them that you dont want anything more to do with them and that they can come and get their stuff if they want it back, but youre not paying a single krona. Then hire someone else.

tommib
Verkar vara så att skenan kläms fast, i alla fall i det material jag hittar (är mer van med Hager) så de lösa skruvarna är inte ett direkt fel. Däremot är det andra tråkigt och inget man vill hitta i en ny installation.

Jag tror inte att det är ett formellt krav med trepolig säkring men det är trevligt att ha. Man ska vara medveten om att det ofta är ungefär dubbelt så dyrt med en trepolig säkring än med 3 enpoliga (för Hager iaf...) så det kan ha varit omsorg om kunden. Däremot är det rätt avvikande att ha C13+C10+C10 i en trefasgrupp.

Edit: Bättre information nedan, bortse från vad jag skrev om skenan.

Redigerat:
  • Gilla
MagHam
  • Laddar…
Jag har resi9 hemma och skenan måste skruvas fast.

• Gilla
tommib
  • Laddar…
@hempularen I was guessing 3P is not a hard requirement but I was not sure about local code. Schneider has a nice explanation on the matter here. https://www.se.com/uk/en/faqs/FA166896/

Regarding washing machine, I am now considering doing 2P C10A with Elko 440V RV instead.

@kurlakarl that would probably be the best but sounds like too much trouble :)

@tommib That's a valid point. It might have been cost related.

I cannot find information about quick connect in documentation.

Tack så mycket för era svar!!

Produkter som diskuteras i tråden
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.