B bossespecial skrev:
Ask them to give you the value cuk.
I called the guy and he explained me this report. Basically all values under 1.00 means sand is loose and might have problems after may be 2 years if don't use piling. Also he said there is no requirement for drilling piling(which are expensive), steel piles which can even go with hammer will do the job.

After some quick research the method used is called ”viktsondering” and what I understand its not possible to derive the undrained shear strength (cuk) from these results - only a relative stength. I guess that explains why the value is missing.

The value which varies between 0.00-1.00 is the force applied and the lower bar shows the number of half loops the screw is needed to do to get 0.2 m further down in the soil. Thus when no half loops is needed, the screw just sinks from the applied force (= really crappy soil to build on).

It seems that the first 5 m is really crappy and that the rest down to rock is just crappy, in the literature it says that values 0-10 half loops is very loose.

Tabell över markens karakteristika med relativa fasthetsvärden, friktionsvinkel, E-modul och viktsonderingsresultat.
Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
Skapa konto
Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder

Thus, it is now atleast safe to say that piles is the way to go - if you move forward, dont forget to think of the areas which are not piled and how for instance parked cars or other loads will influence the surroundings and most importantly near the piled slabs over time. Pavement, pavers and gravel weigh alot, so you may need to dig away and replace soil with something lighter before so that you dont add any extra weight to the soil.

Good luck! Hope you stick around and keep us posted on the process :)

• Gilla
bossespecial
  • Laddar…
P patrikd84 skrev:
After some quick research the method used is called ”viktsondering” and what I understand its not possible to derive the undrained shear strength (cuk) from these results - only a relative stength. I guess that explains why the value is missing.

The value which varies between 0.00-1.00 is the force applied and the lower bar shows the number of half loops the screw is needed to do to get 0.2 m further down in the soil. Thus when no half loops is needed, the screw just sinks from the applied force (= really crappy soil to build on).

It seems that the first 5 m is really crappy and that the rest down to rock is just crappy, in the literature it says that values 0-10 half loops is very loose.

[bild]

Thus, it is now atleast safe to say that piles is the way to go - if you move forward, dont forget to think of the areas which are not piled and how for instance parked cars or other loads will influence the surroundings and most importantly near the piled slabs over time. Pavement, pavers and gravel weigh alot, so you may need to dig away and replace soil with something lighter before so that you dont add any extra weight to the soil.

Good luck! Hope you stick around and keep us posted on the process :)
Thanks for your help. I will ask this question as well to the ground work contractor but I was wondering can it be really bad that it doesn't withstand the weight of aCar.

Basically it was a big plot and before there was a house in the middle of the Big plot which they demolished to divide it into 2 plots to sale.

How was that house standing without piling?

I have uploaded the images for the reference. One image is the side view of the house which was there on the plots before division while other is the top view how they are divided.

• Sidovy av ett hus med omgivande grönskande trädgård före tomtindelning.
    Skapa konto
  • Satellitbild på tomt som delats med röda linjer, hus syns i ena avsnittet.
    Skapa konto
The only way to get good answers is to get a second opionion from someone else or perhaps several others. Might cost some more initially but it is probably the best start. It is not possible to tell wether or not you need to do this or not based on one opinion/offer.

A aksgir skrev:
Thanks for your help. I will ask this question as well to the ground work contractor but I was wondering can it be really bad that it doesn't withstand the weight of aCar.

Basically it was a big plot and before there was a house in the middle of the Big plot which they demolished to divide it into 2 plots to sale.

How was that house standing without piling?
Lets say a car weigh about 2000 kg, that equals to 20 kN which is distributed on 4 wheels - 5 kN per wheel. Assume that the contact surface of each wheel is 600x600 mm result in a pressure of about 2 kPa. According to thw report 10 kPa result in a settlement of 3-5 cm/m lose clay, so (even if its not a linear relation) the estimated settlement is 2/10 * 3 cm/m * 10 m = 6 cm to 10 cm in the long run IF you always park your car in the same spot. This excludes settlements of for instance pavement, if the soil is not unloaded by replacing some clay with lighter materials.

Maybe there is a reason why the old house is removed? How old was it? Maybe due to settlements the house was so bad that is was too expensive to fix? The older house was probably smaller and lighter, no concrete slab - OR they can actually have used some wooden piles (common in the old days) to support the ground slab under the walls - in that case the piles may have rotten and an uneven settlement started to be noticable (hard to close doors/windows and cracks in the walls.

A aksgir skrev:
Hi,

I am trying to build a house in Stockholm (2 story, 180 m2,

Extra Uppackning för huset efter geoundersökning för pålning 220 ton uppskattat, 85250:-
Etablera pålning, 11500:-
Pålar, 27 st uppskattat, 18360:-
Pålmeter, 300m uppskattat, 144375:-
Förstärktplatta 130m2, 91000:-
Tomtplanering 4 m runt grund, överskottsmassor lämnas på hög.
Summa 350 485kr + UE påslag 10% (35 048kr)
Is it Stone or Wood house?

You dont need the extra 220tons "uppackning" becouse the house is standing on the piles, in some years you Will have space under the house, so that extra is waste of money.
I Think the price for piling is not the best, depending on which size? RR75,RR90 or RR115 ?
I show you price for RR90 when my Company do piling.
Etablering = 10000:-
27st x 375 = 10125:-
300m = 105000:-
So i Think you can get your price down if you check whit more companys and ask for price.

Sorry for my bad english

M Malten skrev:
Is it Stone or Wood house?

You dont need the extra 220tons "uppackning" becouse the house is standing on the piles, in some years you Will have space under the house, so that extra is waste of money.
I Think the price for piling is not the best, depending on which size? RR75,RR90 or RR115 ?
I show you price for RR90 when my Company do piling.
Etablering = 10000:-
27st x 375 = 10125:-
300m = 105000:-
So i Think you can get your price down if you check whit more companys and ask for price.

Sorry for my bad english

Hi
Thanks for your answer. Its a wood house.
I am going to meet this ground work company tomorrow and will get more details about this cost estimate and also will ask them regarding this extra gravel.

Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.